PrimeFaces 3.3.RC1 Released
Prime Teknoloji is glad to announce the release candidate of the PrimeFaces 3.3. This release brings over 100 improvements, Ajax Framework features such as PFS(PrimeFaces Selectors) and partialSubmit, internal enhancements, new components, major maintenance and much more. Full changelog is available at PrimeFaces issue tracker.
- Major internal refactoring and fixes on Ajax Framework.
- PartialSubmit feature for Ajax.
- PrimeFaces Selectors aka PFS.
- Menu component enhancements.
- New ajax events for DataTable.
- New features to Message Components.
- Reimplemented Star Rating as a native widget.
- Remaining chars display for inputTextarea.
- Advanced autocomplete tooltip.
- New Component: OutputLabel.
- Datakey feature to Tree.
- Ajax behaviors for dialog minimize and maximize.
- Portlet support for fileupload.
- Enhancements on wizard component.
- Improved accessibility of components.
- Layout options to chart legends.
- Update to latest jQuery (1.7.2)
We’ve done a lot of internal improvements and refactoring for 3.3. Overall quality has been significantly improved with various bug fixes and refactoring. It is advised to upgrade to 3.3 considering the list of defect fixes.
- Scrollable datatable now requires the column width to be defined via width attribute of column instead of style attribute.
- tiered and sliding type menus have their own components, name tieredMenu and slideMenu.
- readOnlyInpuText attribute of calendar is renamed to readOnlyInput.
- Menu component’s position attribute is renamed to overlay as a boolean.
Please visit PrimeFaces Downloads page to try out the new release.
Release Candidate will be available for one week and on 28th PrimeFaces 3.3. Final will be available along with the updated User’s Guide.