PrimeFaces 6.2.9 Released
PrimeFaces team is pleased to announce a new update to 6.2.x branch featuring the all-new Chart components and PrimeFlex Grid System.
Existing Charts are based on jqplot which is an outdated library, on the other hand we’re already using chartjs for PrimeNG and PrimeReact so it is time to update the charts of PrimeFaces to use Chartjs as well. There is no backward compatibility issue as there are new chart components like p:barChart whereas old charts use the p:chart tag. See the showcase to see the new Charts. JavaDocs will be up later this week as well to cover the new APIs. Old chart components are deprecated and will be released in a future release.
Grid CSS is a responsive layout utility used to create grid based layouts easily in PrimeFaces applications. However it has limitations as it is based on the old float based approach. For PrimeFaces, PrimeNG and PrimeReact we’ve created a new modern, flex based grid system called PrimeFlex which uses flexbox under the hood to create far mode advanced layouts. PrimeFlex is not a part of PrimeFaces and requires an include to your project. View the live demo to see PrimeFaces integration with PrimeFlex. Note that, Grid CSS is not deprecated in favor of PrimeFlex to avoid backward compatibility issues in existing projects.
New Features and Enhancements
- New Component: RadarChart
- New Component: PolarArea
- New Component: DonutChart
- New Component: PieChart
- New Component: LineChart
- New Component: BubbleChart
- New Component: BarChart
- Add PrimeFlex support
- Add inputGroup support to chips
- SelectOneMenu: Escaped quotes cause an error on 6.2+
- When clicking a selectOneMenu item that extends past an overlayPanel’s buttom edge, the overlayPanel is closed.
- Expanded and collapsed icons do not display correctly when Tree is expanded and collapsed
- DataTable: toggleSelect selecting too many rows
- PanelMenu:Accordion Like Behaviour
- p:fileUpload: Exception if one or more filenames has a ‘%’ character
- fileUpload: filename returned by UploadedFile should be sanitized
Details are available at GitHub for 6.2.9 .
New releases are available for Elite and PRO subscribers at PrimeStore.