PrimeNG 4.0.0-RC4 Released
Final RC of the PrimeNG 4 includes 20+ improvements, 4.0 final will be released on 1st of May.
Good Bye DoCheck
For components that deal with collections, we were using DoCheck interface and IterableDiffers to figure out if the model has changed so the components can update themselves. However DoCheck is mostly useful if you need to track what has changed, in our case this is not necessary we just need to get notified if there is a change. DoCheck can also be slow especially with large collections so we’ve switched to setter method to find out model changes.
This change introduces a new constraint because it requires to create a new collection like a new array instead of manipulating an existing array otherwise setter is not called by Angular. For example, when adding a new record to the table, a new array needs to be created such as using spead operator instead of push().
New Features and Enhancements
- Remove ngDoCheck from DataTable,DataGrid,DataList,DataScroller
- Breadcrumb home mouseover displays default cursor
- Dropdown: Add
- Multiselect selectedItemsLabel attribute
- Multiselect maxSelectedLabels attribute
- MultiSelect labelMultiselect displaySelectedLabel attribute
- Multiselect displaySelectedLabel attribute
- Add emptyMessage property to DataGrid
- Add onBlur event to MultiSelect
- Dropdown panel is not as wide as supposed to when appendTo is set to body
- AutoComplete and SplitButton compatibility with Push CDS
- Breadcrumb home icon customization fails
- Datatable lazy loading filter loop
- PanelMenu router links do not work
- AppendTo body closes MultiSelect
- Dropdown autocomplete does not work on FF and Safari
- inputtextarea doc is incorrect
- DropDown with filter and appendTo attributes
- SlideMenu Show method is not working
- Overlay SlideMenu does not work
- Autocomplete uses Wrong ElementRef for multiple mode
- SplitButton iconPos property is unused
PrimeNG is licensed under MIT license and available for download at NPM.