PrimeNG 9.1.0 Released
Table Virtual Scrolling
Virtual Scrolling implementation of Table and TreeTable has been reimplemented from the ground up, new approach is superior to the older one and also brings options like scrolling on non-lazy data. Note that, it is now required to install “@angular/cdk” to be able to use these components.
Tree Virtual Scrolling
Tree component has received Virtual Scrolling as well to make rendering of huge nodes performant.
Flex scroll feature makes the scrollable viewport section dynamic so that it can grow or shrink relative to the parent size of the tree. View the dialog and full page demos for more information. This resolves the limitations of a fixed viewport.
Form layout is a CSS utility optimized for creating forms with ease. FormLayout is not included in PrimeVue as it is provided by PrimeFlex, a shared grid library between PrimeFaces, PrimeNG, PrimeReact and PrimeVue projects.
Galleria is a content gallery component with advanced features like full screen mode, indicators and thumbnails.
InputNumber is an input component to provide numerical input with built-in support for locales and units.
Showcase has received a facelift to be more user friendly and attractive.
Visit the full changelog for more information about the changes.
Next version will be 9.1.1 as a maintenance release and then we’ll start working on PrimeNG 10 that will bring the following enhancements;
- Components will use OnPush change detection to boost performance.
- CSS of components will be modernized and moved into components.
- Size primeng.css will be reduced to 90%.
- New theming infrastructure will be introduced along with the new Saga and Vela themes.
- optionValue will be added for Selects to decouple the components from SelectItem.
- New PrimeIcons 4.0.0 will be available to provide modern and sleek icons.
- A material and bootstrap theme will be integrated within PrimeNG showcase.
- Brand new Theme Designer.
- SASS API as in PrimeVue.
Saga and Vela can be reviewed at PrimeVue.