PrimeVue 3.2.0 is here with Vite Support
Up until now, PrimeVue can only be used with environments that support single file components, with 3.2.0 the npm distribution contains native ES modules, IIFE format and CommonJS fallback so that it can be used with Vue CLI, Vite, a custom build with vue-loader enabled and directly within the browser with script tags.
Our team has worked hard to integrate the demos with code sandbox so that you can try them online easily. Visit the code sandbox button under the source tab of the documentation to take the components for a test run.
The highlight of this release is compatibility with the rest of the Vue ecosystem however we’ve managed to add numerous quality improvements reported by the users. View the changelog for details. Some of the notable enhancements.
Now the new build is out of the way we’ll start adding the following features for 3.3.0;
- Bring these enhancements to PrimeVue 2.x branch targeting 2.4.0.
- Advanced Filtering like in PrimeNG.
- Standalone VirtualScroller component as in PrimeNG.
- New VirtualScroller for table and select components like PrimeNG has.
- Grouping option for Select components e.g. AutoComplete, Dropdown.
Always bet on Prime!